Friday 10 June 2011

Another posting in a week! Woo hoo....

Well hello again there bloggers....
Thought I would make it 2 in one week, just to catch up for not posting anything for a long time! :) Hope everyone is doing fine.
Well this time I have decided to post some of my latest cards I have made for special occasions.
The first one I made for my newly acquired niece, who got married to my nephew in March - this is for her birthday. And I have used a cute Magnolia Tilda stamp, I love these stamps, think they are so adorable and I must say I am a little bit addictive to them... :)
I have coloured her in using distress inks and perfect pearls mixed together and used an aqua brush to colour with (found this technique in a Magnolia magazine), a Spellbinders eyelet circles which I then embossed using my cuttlebug, and inked around the edges using distress ink. I used some paper I got in a pack from Big W store and flowers I purchased through Mister Turtle shop and some ribbon with a decorative buckle and the sentiment is a kaiser rub-on. The second card I made for my Mum for Mothers Day. I have made an easel card this time, one of my first goes at this... I have used Kaisercraft "Magic Happens" paper in the background and a Stampin Up image from the "Two-Step Stampin Petal Prints", and the butterflies are also from Stampin Up, "Butterfly Prints" set, which I have used Liquid Pearls - "Lavender Lace" and "Bisque" in the centre and also used with the matching Stampin Up punch to cut them out. On the bottom of the easel card I have used another punch which is the butterfly "EK success", and a "Fiskars" lace border punch. The sentiment I have cut out using my wonderful Cricut machine, which I absolutely love.... and some bling...
And the third card I made for my sister's birthday. I have made a bookmark card. I have also used the same background paper as the Tilda card I made, and I have used a Sarah Kay stamp this time, which I also love these stamps. I have coloured it in using my lovely promarkers, still getting used of blending with them. Used my spellbinder scallop ovals to cut the image out and inked around the edges. I have used some blue ribbon from my stash and a buckle which I purchased from Spotlight in a bargain pack and the sentiment is another kaiser rub-on, added some little blue flowers also from my stash. The bookmark I have stamped another image and coloured it in the same.
I hope you like my cards, and thanks again for stopping by.
See you all again very soon with some more postings. :)
Jo x

No comments:

Post a Comment